Monday, December 20, 2010

A Newfound Reason I Hate Winter!!!

I really don't actually hate winter, persay, but it's definitely not my favorite time of year. I love Christmas and comfy sweaters, which are really the only two redeeming factors of Winter. Oh, and I guess the fact that without Winter, I wouldn't be able to truly appreciate the other months. But seriously, I don't like the cold, which means I don't like the winter. Well now I have a new reason to dislike this time of year...

Last night Derek and I were watching "webisodes" of this show called "LXD: The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers." The plot line is pretty crazy (awesome dancers become superheros because they are able to get in touch with some dancing force and use it to fight), but the dancing is AMAZING and makes it totally worth every minute of the show. I'm so awestruck by anyone who is able to dance really well, so it doesn't really matter how dumb a plotline is; as long as it has dancing, I'm game for it. So that's how this show is. It's full of different types of dancers (poppers, tickers, tappers, ballet dancers, break dancers, beat boys, martial artists, parkour, and modern dancers). Derek's favorite dancer is a popper who does a REALLY amazing robot. (Watch the robot webisode here: LXD Robot Lovestory)




So anyway, after we were done watching the last episode, Derek tried doing the dances himself. He was scraping his feet along the floor, while wearing socks. As I was laughing hysterically (lets just say that Derek does not have any dancing super powers), he came up to me to give me a hug. And that is when he touched me and shocked me, which of course made him laugh hysterically. Well being the science teacher that he is and understanding the concept of static electricity, Derek starts shuffling his feet all over our carpet while still wearing his socks, while wearing what his mother calls "the Norm grin." He kept coming over to me and touching the tip of my nose to shock me, and laughed every single time. As one can imagine, I was beginning to get really irritated, which for Derek just made it all the funnier. At one point Derek thought that this was so funny that he literally fell in the floor and started doing an army crawl so that his whole body could be conducting this static electricity. I must admit that this actually made me laugh, whereas the shock on my nose afterward was definitely not funny.

Needless to say, I got shocked quite a bit last night, until finally Derek told me that if I would let him shock me just one more time that he would stop doing it. So of course I conceded, seeing as though it was my only way out for the remainder of the night, and then we went to bed. Well then again tonight he starts shocking me AGAIN! When I reminded him of our deal last night, he simply says, "Oh, that deal was for yesterday. We start over each day!" grrrrrrrr...

Before last night, static electricity was just something annoying to deal with when you brush your hair in the morning. But now, thanks to Derek, it has become a new reason I hate the winter. Derek and static electricity are not a good combination for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment